On the slopes of an extinct volcano, three houses dating from the 17th century have been sensitively and eco-consciously restored by Massimo. Although you’re only 500m from the main road it feels remote here, with only the sound of cicadas and rushing water from the stream.
Find simple and serene rooms, plenty of spaces to sit quietly with a book both inside and out, and a compact kitchen with all the essentials plus an excellent coffee machine. Light up the barbecue for dinner under the stars or drive less than ten minutes for Michelin-starred dining. You can swim in the river or tramp through lovely beech and chestnut woods, and there are at least five thermal springs from 35 minutes to one hour away.
All the rooms feature free WIFI.
Imagine a site completely immersed in nature, gently shaded by trees, at a short distance large rocks imprisoned in the grip of old, strong roots ... you hear the sound of different birds and the gentle one of the stream just a few steps away ...
Approaching one discovers a natural pool where one can bathe in the fresh waters.
In the evening, near the fire, dozens of fireflies surround us ...
Now take a look at the photographs ...
The territory around Seggiano is generous in nature, culture, ancient villages, relax and good food.
Hera are some suggestions:
- Enjoy an hike on Mount Amiata (15 minute-drive) and breathe in the clean air of the marvellous beech woods, a natural cathedral, green in summer, red in autumn, with well-equipped skiing resorts for the winter.
- Explore Val D’Orcia (UNESCO site) with its beautiful views and typical Tuscan landscapes; Pienza, Montepulciano and Castiglion d’Orcia are less than an hour drive.
- Relax in the numerous thermal waters, from just 35 minutes away: San Filippo, San Casciano, Petriolo, Saturnia and Bagno Vignoni (where the filmmaker Tarkovsky filmed Nostalghia). Some are natural spas others are equipped centers.
- Enjoy a day out on the beach: Castiglione della Peschaia and Rocchette beaches are only 1 hour away; if you prefer being in unspoilt nature then hire a bike and cycle around the 90km2 of the Uccellina Natural Park.
- Art lovers may find Daniel Spoerri’s Garden, an evocative itinerary amongst modern art sculptures just 3km away.The beautiful Sant’Antimo Abbey is 15 minutes away, the Etruscan sites are one hour away, as Pitigliano and Sorano’s Etruscan cave roads.
- Missing the city? Dine in a restaurant in Siena or Grosseto (around 1 hour away) or visit Florence or Perugia (2 hours away). Visit Montalcino and the wine cellars of the famous ‘Brunello’ and enjoy a glass of wine with a vie (half an hour away)..